Wednesday, April 13, 2016

JE#19

4/1/2016 9:51pm

Listening to Beautiful Times by Owl City



Riding in one of my coworkers car with me, him, and two other associates on our way towards a store half a mile away because they need extra people to help out. We did the same thing yesterday but apparently the day shift managers (the ones who asked me to go) are not on the same page as my nightshift manager, so they were flipping out thinking I just left or didn't show up when they needed me. Everything is cool now, I'm not going to get in trouble (so they say), although they did say that if I am offered a chance to volunteer at another store in the future to not go because they need me more.
I am kind of sorry that I put everyone in a bind, but I think that everyone should have known what was going on to begin with, and they really needed me here so bad that they should have called me and asked that I help out somewhere els.

I do need to start the whole transfer process sometime this week to the WalMart in Texas so I can go ahead and secure a job there.



4/7/16. 10:44am

Listening to Drops in the Ocean by Hawk Nelson



It still hurts a little every time I think about her and everything that happened, but not as much as before.

I know its stupid to say but I have been on tinder the past few days, and talking to other girls has really lifted my self confidence.



4/12/16 11:17pm

Listening to: The Breach by Dustin Tebbutt



Considering that every time I go to work as an overnight stocker at WalMart I think I am going to be fired because of how bad I think I am at my job after having been there for 10 months and 4 days, yesterday I got my first official evaluation, and it was great.
My manager said I had become one of the "rocks" of overnight stocking and that I had scored above standard in everything; the only thing he said I needed to improve on was to "stop making pallets 12 feet tall," which is something I do only to minimize pallets that go to the back, and since I am 6ft 5 I can naturally stack things much higher than anyone els. Its annoying to the day shift because they always have to get a ladder to work on most pallets I create.

Over all, not much has happened.
Not much ever happens really.

In a little over a week I have to pay a little over $900 for my one summer psychology class, and the idea of again charging that much to my credit card unsettles me, but its what has to happen for now.
On another note, I did finally get my Lumia 1520 in red, though I suspect the battery may need to be replaced after as year or so, and there are a few light spots on the screen where I guess the LCD display shows through a little but its only noticeable when the screen is showing a predominantly white image. It came with a case, belt holster, and screen protector, so all in all I thinks its pretty good for only $140 off of eBay. I want to make it last as long as possible.

You can tell that we at moving in a month, the house already almost feels bigger/more empty even though we haven't packed anything yet. I will be leaving early to go with dad on the 16th so we can get a house by the time the rest of the family gets there, so that should be a pretty strained and awkward 15 hour car ride.

Once I get there, settle into my new job if they take me or find a new one if they don't, and get my car, then I will finally be able to go out and meet girls, explore, and live in general.



4/14/16. 1:27am

Listening to: Don't threaten me with a good time by Panic! At The Disco



The following is a thought I had yesterday:

"I think everyone is trapped in one way or another, everyone has their own ball and chain strapped to their ankles. For some its being stuck in a crummy low paying job because they decided to have unprotected sex resulting in 2 kids and very low disposable income. For others its financial debt keeping them where they are and preventing them from taking any risks in an attempt to move forward in life just so they can make their credit payment every month. Others are just stuck in unlucky or morally compromising situations that might have to do with family or friends always needing them.

What ever the case, most people just appear to get chained down by the system. Oh, your still "free" to do what ever you want, but who is really going to quite their job and try to find something better or do what they really love in life when there are extra mouths to feed, bills to pay, and obligations to fulfill?

I don't know,man, I really don't. I look around at my friends, family, and coworkers and I just think, "there has to be something better than this."
But is there?

The world we live in is getting harder, crueler, and more violent everyday.

Sure, I have a pretty cushy ride key words being For-Now. Free housing, utilities, and health insurance through my parents.

But it wont last. It just wont last.

I don't want to be trapped."

-
-
-

One of my friends just went through a brake up with her boyfriend, and I am helping her through it as best as I can because she helped me through mine. Her struggle to get through it will be much harder than mine, at least I have the option to try and forget about Sarah, but she has classes with this guy, works at the same place as him, had to confront his presence everyday.

Its hard watching someone you like go through this kind of thing. Back when me and her lived in the same neighborhood I would have tried to ask her out if she wasn't a little over 4 years my junior.

Haha, its funny that everyone I could possibly like is either too far away or too young.

No comments:

Post a Comment